Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thursday Threads - Faithful Autumn Re-Reads.....



Hello, I am back after a few weeks to recharge the grey cells and the batteries. Hope you have all been well.

We have just entered a season change here in the UK, the sun is still out, occasionally, but the evenings are turning colder and the evenings are drawing in, so that is a sure sign we are into Autumn. I read something in one of our newspapers this week, that we are potentially going to have snow as early as October!

Of course, some of you are in warmer climes and are working your way to Spring and then Summer - lucky you! In the meantime, I thought we could have a few suggestions of those books, the faithful ones that are re-read when snuggled up on the settee with a blanket.

One of my faithful reads is A Town Like Alice by Neville Shute and I would say that it is probably time for my annual re-read. What about you?


2 comments:

  1. I would love to see the UK in the fall! It's on my bucket list :-) One of my annual rereads is actually A Tree Grows in Brooklyn-it's such a classic and it's so comforting to fall in love with the characters over tea all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking or re-reading Katherine by Anya Seton - actually it's so long since I first read it, it will be as though I'm reading it for the first time!

    ReplyDelete