Monday, January 2, 2012

Kailana's Best of 2011

I actually didn't read a lot of historical fiction and historical non-fiction this year compared to other years. What I did read, though, was wonderful! If I had to choose a favourite fiction and non-fiction, though, it would be:

Best Historical-Fiction Title:

The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb by Melanie Benjamin. You can read my review of this book here.

Best Historical Non-Fiction:

Resistance: A Woman's Journal of Struggle and Defiance in Occupied France by Agnes Humbert. You can read my review of it here.

Spitfire Women of World War II by Giles Whittell. Yes, a tie, but you can read my review of this book here.

I thought I had reviewed both of those books here, but I apparently did not..

Other Notable Reads:
The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley
The House at Riverton by Kate Morton
Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Beauty Chorus by Kate Lord Brown
A Lesson in Secrets by Jacqueline Winspear
The Virgin Cure by Ami McKay

2 comments:

  1. Wendy: I enjoyed all of them! I hope you get a chance to read some of them and enjoy them. :)

    ReplyDelete