Friday, January 15, 2010

Challenge: The Alphabet in Historical Fiction


It's time for a new letter in The Alphabet in Historical Fiction but first let's take a look at our entries for the letter C :

1 - Whitney (She is Too Fond of Books) - The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George
2 - Sarah (Reading The Past) - Return to Jarrow by Janet McLeod Trotter
3 - Heather (Epoch Tales) - The Skystone by Jack Whyte
4 - Marg (Reading Adventures)  - The Conqueror Series by Conn Iggulden
5 - Robin (The Lady Gwynn's Kingdom) - The Winter King by Bernard Cornwell
6 - Cat (Tell Me a Story) - Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran
7 - Leya (Wandeca Reads) - Captain Wentworth's Diary by Amanda Grange
8 - Carrie (Opalescent Essence) - Stand The Storm by Breena Clarke
9 - Daphne (Tanzanite) - The Secret Bride by Diane Haeger
10 - Alex (Le Canape) - The Queen's Dollmaker by Christine Trent
11 - Ms Lucy (Enchanted by Josephine) - Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran
12 -Ana (Aneca's World) - My Lady Judge by Cora Harrison
13 - Rowenna (Hyaline Prosaic) - Peony in Love by Lisa See
14 - Stephanie (Laughing Stars) - Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin
15- Teddy(So Many Precious Books) -The Postmistress by Sarah Blake (Cape Cod)

And now it's time to remember the rules and introduce the new letter!

Each fortnight you have to write a blog post about an historical fiction book of your choice (it might even be something you already read before), but it MUST be related to the letter of the fortnight.

You have several possibilities:

- the first letter of the title

- the first letter of the author's first name or surname

- the first letter of a character's first name or surname

- the first letter of a place where an historical event took place


You just have to choose one of them and participate.


Please check our blog each 1st and 15th of the month to find out our new letter, and then link your post (not your blog) back to our page through Mr Linky (see below). Then come and check to see who else has posted and visit their blog to find out all the details of the book they were reading.



You have until the Jan 31st to complete your mission, the next letter will be published on Feb 1st and it is the letter D:




8 comments:

  1. I had a lot of fun with D - once again, this challenge is getting me to read books I might not have stumbled across otherwise. I'm looking forward to seeing what others post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see everyone's picks for D! By the way, I'm giving away the books I reviewd for B and C on my blog...because my bookshelves are starting to complain that I'm overusing them. Thanks for continuing this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only just posted my C post (review of The Time of Singing and Q&A with Elizabeth Chadwick) - have left a link in the comments on the previous challenge post. Now I'm going to start working on my idea for D...

    Really enjoying the challenge BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My post for D is up! A focus on Sara Donati's Into the Wilderness series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew........this one was big! Didn't think I was going to make the deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Decided on something a bit different for D. My post is entitled D is for Dialogue and quotes scenes from five Tudor novels to compare the way the dialogue is written.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just posted my link for D. This is my first official letter, but somehow all the books I have read this year would qualify for the previous letters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to have you on board Muse in the Fog!

    ReplyDelete