Jeri Westerson, author of Veil of Lies, has been keeping everyone updated on the events at the Left Coast Crime festival for readers of crime fiction for the last few days. In today's post she advised that this year's winner of the Bruce Alexander Historical book awards was Kelli Stanley for her book Nox Dormienda, A Long Night For Sleeping. I don't remember hearing much about this book before, but it is a mystery set in Roman times.
The nominees for the award were:
- Tasha Alexander: A Fatal Waltz (HarperCollins)
- Rhys Bowen: A Royal Pain (Berkley Prime Crime)
- Rhys Bowen: Tell Me Pretty Maiden (St. Martin's)
- Laurie R. King: Touchstone (Bantam)
- Kelli Stanley: Nox Dormienda, A Long Night For Sleeping (Five Star)
Kerry from Mysteries in Paradise has recently reviewed A Royal Pain and the follow up book, Her Royal Spyness, and I have to say they sound quite good too.