Thursday, November 15, 2007

Oprah's new pick

Oprah has chosen Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett as her next book club pick! Like or loathe the book, I am happy that she has chosen a HF book!

POTE is one of those books that I have always meant to read, but never actually got to it yet! I nearly put the sequel on my library request list not long ago, but then I figured that I should read the first one first! I guess I am funny like that!

Of course, there are many books that I have had on my list that I mean to get to some day, but I wanted to ask others the same question. What book have you had on TBR list that you have been meaning to get to one day?

6 comments:

  1. I was so happy to see your post about POTE. I felt the very same way. I wanted to read POTE before I read the sequel. I am funny that way also. I also was glad to see Oprah choose that book. It will encourage me to read it. I am trying to get through Kristin Lavransdatter right now. Now that is a long book. POTE will be nothing after KL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In answer to your question - how about all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Dance With Kings and Dark Angels are high on my list. Unfortunately, I have a ton of review books to plow through first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daphne beat me to it!! I was going to be a smart ass and say all of them. LOL

    But I do have a shelf set aside for books that I want to read soon, above all others. But even those get pushed aside. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a shelf like that too Ames, so I feel your pain! haha! I was surprised this book was Oprah's pick because it is not her normal read at all! I have to read it one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gone with the wind. I've put off seeing this movie so as not to get influenced. SIGH

    ReplyDelete