Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Stephanie's Intro

I have always been a reader with a love of books. I am quite sure it was my Grandma that instilled this in me. She used to take me every Saturday to the "Little Professor" Bookstore, and would buy me a book. I grew up loving the mysteries of Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden. I always wanted to be a "Girl Sleuth" and have wonderful adventures. Then I found Stephen King, Dean Koontz, and Anne Rice. From there my life was filled with vampires, ghosts and zombies.

But my love of Historical fiction is relatively new. One day, a few years ago, I picked up The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippea Gregory and I was hooked! Some of my favorite authors include Gregory, Sharon Penman, John Shors, and Sara Donati. And I can definitely see some Historical Fantasy in my near future!

Is there an era that I'm partial too? Not yet! Maybe one day, when there are no more books left to read, I will be able to pick a favorite. Right now, I am just savoring them all.

I just started blogging about 8 months ago at Stephanie's Confessions of a Book-A-Holic. Kailana actually put the idea into my mind, and I have been going strong ever since. It truly is an addiction! But one thing I will say, reading books to review has definitely changed my reading experience. I seem to take so much more from literature now. And blogging has allowed me to meet a lot of great people. Not to mention all the books that have been added to my TBR pile from all their suggestions!

About Me....at the moment, I work as an IT analyst for a large corporation (although I'm actively looking for a reassignment). I'm married to a non-reader (unfortunately) and we have 3 wonderful children: Chad is 11, Isabella is almost 7, and Anastasia just turned 5. I live in Peoria, Illinois, USA. Peoria is pretty rural for a large town, but I'm only a couple of hours from Chicago. At least there is some culture there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment