Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thursday Threads - Book to Film


What Historical Fiction novel would you like to see made into a film?

Marg - I don't tend to think too much about books to movies until I hear that one is in the works at which point I get really excited about those, and then I start to dread what happens if it goes horribly wrong. I really do hope that the Outlander book gets made, I really hope that The Bronze Horseman gets made and I am really excited at the prospect of seeing The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society movie too!

Julie - Like Marg, I think the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon would be a great series of books to make into a film. Likewise for The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I would love to see the creativity in the making of a film based up Floating Brothel by Sian Rees, which is an absolute favourite of mine.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that Outlander would be AWESOME! I actually read on Diana Gabaldon's site that Outlander will be made into a TV series. Another great book that would make a great movie is my favorite paranormal historical book called, "Shadow of the Sun" by author Merrie P. Wycoff. This a paranormal fiction thriller written in the time of ancient Egypt during the reign of Pharaoh Ahkenaten and Queen Nefertiti and told through the eyes of their daughter, Merit-Aten.
    LOVE IT!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must check out Diana Gabaldon's site, great news that it will be made into a series.

      Delete