Sunday, January 30, 2011

HT News

I was saddened to hear of the passing of British novelist Diana Norman on Thursday. Using her real name, Diana Norman published a number of historical novels many of which are sadly out of print, but it is probably under her pseudonym of Ariana Franklin that she is more well known recently. She had released four novels in the Mistress of the Art of Death series featuring Adelia Aguilar, a 12th century amateur sleuth/coroner.

She leaves behind her husband, prominent British art critic Barry Norman, and two daughters, as well as legions of fans.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I love her Makepeace Hedley series! I am so sad about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked her Makepeace Hedley series as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( I've enjoyed her Makepeace Hedley series and her Mistress of the Art of Death novels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, I had heard she was ill but I didn't know it was that serious. That's very sad... I really wanted a new Mistress of the Art of Death book. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only been fortunate to have read books in the Mistress of the Art of Death series. I have been trying to get her other books for years now. Maybe as a commemoration to her, her publisher, or a publisher, will release her earlier works.

    Thank you for making us aware of her passing. It always surprises me how much it saddens me to hear one of my authors is no longer hear. I can only surmise it is not only the loss of the person but in a selfish way the loss of future books to enjoy. Hope that makes sense and doesn't come across as overly shallow.

    ReplyDelete