Thursday, May 27, 2010

HT News

Normally I find it confusing enough when the same book has a different title in different countries, but it's even more so when the author also has a different name. Brandy Purdy (aka Emily Purdy) is giving away a copy of her book The Boleyn Wife (aka The Tudor Wife) on her website. Click here for the details.

Recently Bill from DorothyDunnett.co.uk was asked to give a talk about Dorothy Dunnett. He has put the transcript up on his blog, and it makes for very interesting reading and includes lots of details about this much loved historical fiction author. One of these days I will actually get around to reading some of her books!

Lizzy from Historically Obsessed recently went to meet and listen to Jean Kwok, author of Girl in Translation and she has shared some footage with the rest of us. I am always grateful when people do that as there is little chance that I will ever get to meet some of these authors.

Do you often wish you could walk in the footsteps of history? Elizabeth Kerri McMahon has shared her experiences from the first Anne Boleyn Experience where she got to stay at Hever Castle amongst other things. Sounds like a lot of fun to me!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I saw that contest the other day and entered. I wonder why she uses two different names?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I recall it was something that the overseas publisher required, which I guess I get, but it does make it confusing all round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My British publisher insisted on changing my first name to something more traditionally English, the marketing department thought it would have more appeal. My real name, Brandy, is not common or popular in England. I am sorry for the confusion this, and the title change cause.

    ReplyDelete