Monday, March 1, 2010
Challenge: The Alphabet in Historical Fiction
1. Sarah (Reading The Past) - Ferney by James Long
2. Cat (Tell me a Story) - The Secret History of The Pink Carnation by Lauren Willing
3. Heather (Epoch Tales)- And Assembly Such As This by Pamela Aidan (Heather also left left her E entry )
4. Rowenna (Hyaline Prosaic ) - The Day The Falls Stood Still by Cathy Marie Buchanan
5. Stephanie (The Stark Raving Bibliophile) - Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
6. Marg (Reading Adventures) - Jackie French
7. Lucy (Enchanted by Josephine) - The French Mistress by Susan Holloway Scott
8. Leya (Wandeca Reads) - The Fire Kimono by Laura Joh Rowland
9. Ana T. (Aneca's World) - A Fatal Waltz by Tasha Alexander
10. Robin (The Lady Gwyn's Kingdom) - Falls The Shadow by Sharon Kay Penman
11. Carrie C.(Opalescent Essence ) - The Blue Flower by Penelope Fitzgerald
12- Teddy Rose (So Many Precious Books...) - Book of Fires by Jane Borodale
13. Miss Moppet (The Misadventures of Moppet) - Fortune Telling
And now it's time to remember the rules and introduce the new letter!
Each fortnight you have to write a blog post about an historical fiction book of your choice (it might even be something you already read before), but it MUST be related to the letter of the fortnight.
You have several possibilities:
- the first letter of the title
- the first letter of the author's first name or surname
- the first letter of a character's first name or surname
- the first letter of a place where an historical event took place
You just have to choose one of them and participate.
Please check our blog each 1st and 15th of the month to find out our new letter, and then link your post (not your blog) back to our page through Mr Linky (see below). Then come and check to see who else has posted and visit their blog to find out all the details of the book they were reading.