It's time for a new letter in The Alphabet in Historical Fiction but first let's take a look at our entries for the letter D :
1. Carrie C.(Opalescent Essence ) - Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
2. Leya (Wandeca Reads) - The Musketeer's Seamstress by Sarah D'Almeida
3. Heather (Epoch Tales) - The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill
4. Whitney (She is too fond of books) - Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
5. Marg (Reading Adventures) - The Endless Forest by Sara Donati
6. Rowenna (Hyaline Prosaic ) - City of Dreams by Beverly Swerling
7. Ana T (Aneca's World) - The Poison Maiden by Paul Doherty
8. Cat (Tell me a Story) - Devil's Brood by Sharon Penman
9. Teddy (So Many Precious Books) - The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
10. Stark Raving Bibliophile (LAUGHING STARS) - Mudbound by Hillary Jordan
11. Miss Moppet (The Misadventures of Moppet) - Dialogue
12. Sarah (Reading the Past) - The Miracle at St Brunos by Philippa Carr
13. Robin (The Lady Gwyn's Kingdom) - Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
14. Muse in the Fog (Confessions and Rambling of a Muse in the Fog) - Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
15. Alex (Le Canapé) - Devil's Cub by Georgette Heyer
16.Lucy (Enchanted Josephine) - Doomed Queens by Kris Waldherr
And now it's time to remember the rules and introduce the new letter!
Each fortnight you have to write a blog post about an historical fiction book of your choice (it might even be something you already read before), but it MUST be related to the letter of the fortnight.
You have several possibilities:
- the first letter of the title
- the first letter of the author's first name or surname
- the first letter of a character's first name or surname
- the first letter of a place where an historical event took place
You just have to choose one of them and participate.
Please check our blog each 1st and 15th of the month to find out our new letter, and then link your post (not your blog) back to our page through Mr Linky (see below). Then come and check to see who else has posted and visit their blog to find out all the details of the book they were reading.
You have until February 15th to complete your mission, the next letter will be published on Feb 1st and it is the letter E: