Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Why I love Plaidy

Earlier this week we had a guest post from Arleigh, and now it is time for Lucy to share with us why she loves Jean Plaidy. Together Arleigh and Lucy run Royal Intrigue, a Jean Plaidy focussed site and the Plaidy's Royal Intrigue blog.


It’s not often you come across an author who consistently presents accurate historical facts in a captivating and intriguing read. I haven’t come across one Plaidy novel I haven’t enjoyed. The stories move along at a fast pace without dwelling too long on any given situation; yet nothing is left out. Her novels are complete and informative, as well as extremely interesting.

The other thing that I really find neat is the way she uses appropriate language and expressions of the time period. This highlights the dialog; giving a realistic picture reflective of the character’s behaviour and personality.

I also love the vast variety of works and time periods that I have to choose from. I think she’s covered every single historical figure worth noting! So if I want to read about a particular royal-I’m sure she’s written about her/him.

Not only does Plaidy satisfy my curiosity when it comes to learning about royalty and the past, her work essentially brings history to life. It makes learning about history what it should be: interesting, relevant and captivating. That’s what I love about Plaidy.

By: Lucy from Royal Intrigue

1 comment:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree!
    I am so glad that she was able to write so many novels, I don't think anyone will ever be able to measure up to that again!

    ReplyDelete