Wednesday, May 13, 2009

HT News

Do you like your historical fiction with a naval or military flavour? If so, you might be interested in checking out the 2009 Historical Fiction catalogue from McBooks Press. A quick look through the catalogue had me reaching for my TBR list as there were several historical mysteries in there - definitely not only naval and military books, but there were lots of those types of books that I hadn't really heard of before.

Over at Historical-fiction.com Arleigh is giving away 3 copies of Rona Sharon's Royal Blood.

Amy of Passages to the Past is giving away Royal Blood by Rona Sharon. She is also giving away The Frenchman's Creek and My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier.

Jeri Westerson from Getting Medieval has her first guest blogger appearing on her blog. Author Vicki Delany writes a mystery series set in the 1890's Canadian gold rush which is a pretty interesting and unusual setting.

With kudos to Ash from Historicalfictiononline.com, there is great news about Legacy by Susan Kay. Legacy is quite often quoted as one of the best books around on Elizabeth I but it is incredibly difficult to locate, and quite often very expensive to buy! Next year though, it will be easier, as the book is being rereleased by Sourcebooks! I, for one, cannot wait to get my hands on it!

1 comment:

  1. I do like a bit of naval and military in films so why not in books :)

    ReplyDelete