Tuesday, November 17, 2009

HT Recommends - Historical Mysteries & Historical Fiction- Regency/Victorian


Cathie says:
Hi, I loved the few Historical Mysteries I read of the Regency/Victorian and the 1800's like NYC and SF ( I love reading Historical Romances!!)




I'm not totally sure on time periods like Victorian and Regency. So I have to learn that yet so I'm not too good at that part I just know from those I read what it ends up being set in. But I love to read it! And some day would love to read Historical Fiction set in Regency too, I think I'd learn more than. So I know I want to read more! Do you know of any recommendations for me??

Cathie has already read  Ashley Gardner  (Regency), Anne Perry's Thomas And Charlotte Pitts series, Victoria Thompson's Gaslight series, Carola Dunn's Daisy Dalrymple series,  The Sarah Woolson Mysteries by Shirley Tallman  and she has Deanna Raybourn to read. 

Since some of us are very fond of historical mysteries we put our thinking hats and came up with the following suggestions:


Would anyone have more titles to suggest and add to Cathie's TBR pile?

6 comments:

  1. How about the Pink Carnation series by Lauren Willig?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend Madeleine E. Robins' Sarah Tolerance series. And also the series of books centering around the Jewish boxer in Londn in the late 1700s. I don't remember the author's name but the first book is A Conspiracy of Paper. Also, Janet Gleeson writes mysteries set in the period- but standalones, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great list! I'll be adding many of these to my TBR pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aarti, are you referring to the series by David Liss? I really want to read his books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also recommend for Historical Mysteries:
    C.J. Sansom
    Bernard Cornwell

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I highly recommend Phillip Pullman's Sally Lockhart series and Lauren Willig's series. Also for those into women's history I recommend Miriam Grace Monfredo. And for Native American history (with a little fiction) you can't beat John Demos' Unredeemed Captive. (Historically researched but with fictionalized passages about the captive's experience."

    ReplyDelete