Sunday, September 14, 2008

Michelle Moran Week is Here!


Howdy folks!


It is my grand pleasure to announce the beginning of Michelle Moran Week! I am pretty excited about it, so I hope that people will comment and make appearances over the next week. I mean, if you post you get a chance to be entered to win one of two copies of Michelle's new book The Heretic Queen! I think that is a good reason to join in! And, the more you post and the more you participate, the more I think you are making an effort and the better chance you have of being entered more than once in the give-away.


Speaking of being entered. Everyone that has posted about this on your blogs, please leave a comment on this post so I can make sure I didn't forget you! Would not be good if I missed you and you were left out. Don't forget you can also send in reviews you have already written of Nefertiti and, if you are lucky, The Heretic Queen, to be entered as well! While it would be nice to win if you don't have the book, these are signed copies, so even if you already have a copy they are not necessarily signed!


To start the week off, I am going to post links to all the stuff that happened last year when I was promoting Nefertiti, her first book. Please be advised that my new blog is not matching up formating-wise with my old blog, so I need to do a bit of revising of the all of them... I don't know if I will get a chance to fix right away, so if there is a big spot where they should be writing, it is likely in black and blending in! Just highlight and I will spend some time fixing as soon as I get a chance!


Anyway, my review of Nefertiti can be found here: Nefertiti by Michelle Moran


Last year, Michelle did a guest post in three parts. I didn't interview her, though, which actually surprised me. I thought I did. This year, I did both. So, you have that to look forward to! Michelle told me that I asked her questions that, for the most part, no one has ever asked her before, so it should be a fresh look at a talented author.


Links to her guest posts from last year:





Also, if you have any questions for Michelle Moran, feel free to ask them whenever you want! She will be lurking over the next week and she is not afraid of answering!

12 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to reading these. I missed Nefertiti but I have heard such wonderful commentary about it that I'm actually happy to be able to read it first and then the new one. I love finding out about wonderful new authors!
    doot65{at}comcast[dot]net
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a great week - thank you for arranging this! I've posted about it over at A Reader's Respite and am looking forward to lots of discussions. :)

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see people are interested! I have the interview ready, I just have to get it posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've posted about Michelle Moran Week and your giveaway at Books 'N Border Collies. It's going to be a fun week!

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! I love reading about ancient Egypt. In fact, I've been fascinated with it ever since I was a little kid and my dad took me to an Egyptology exhibit. I've heard of these, and now I'm really looking forward to reading them.

    Thanks so much for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both Moran's books sound great. Please enter me in the drawing. Thank-you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could give everyone a copy of her books, but sadly I am just not that rich! Best of luck to everyone, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really looking forward to The Heretic Queen. I got a chance to read Nefertiti this summer and it so happened that it was while I was on vacation in Berlin and I got to see the Nefertiti bust. Incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool, Iliana! That was perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I posted about MM Week on my blog (writingren.blogspot.com). There's also an interview and a book review there.

    I'm looking forward to reading your posts here all week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's great Julianne! I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've really enjoyed Michelle Moran week! Thanks so much for putting this together.

    ReplyDelete