Friday, May 23, 2008

Cover Story: The Spanish Bride by Georgette Heyer




We thought it might be a fun idea to do some Cover Story posts on the books that we are giving away. Here's the first of them.







Heyer's books have been given several different covers, some of them look a bit old and dated but the more recent reprints have beautiful covers.






The Spanish Bride tells the story of Sir Harry Smith and his wife Juana, who he met during the war in the Peninsula and married when she was just 14. Heyer found information on this interesting couple when she was researching for An Infamous Army and couldn't resist telling their story.


















Which one is your favourite? Does your book have a different cover? The last cover is the book we are giving away...

5 comments:

  1. I don't have a copy of this book, but my favorite is the second from last one. Where they are sitting at a table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With any luck you might win a copy of this giveaway just by commenting! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite is the second to last one as well. I really love those new(ish) Arrow editions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the second one from the bottom :-) Most of my Heyers are either the Arrow ones that are 2nd and 3rd from the bottom, or the Harlequin editions (which have really badly-glued bindings).

    Don't enter me in the giveaway, btw, as I have all the books (though I admit the new covers are v nice)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the fourth one from the bottom. I would love to win.

    ReplyDelete